About the Foundations
Two Foundations, One Mission
The mission of the Osteopathic Heritage Foundation and the Osteopathic Heritage Foundation of Nelsonville (the Foundations) is to improve the health and quality of life in the community through education, research and service consistent with our osteopathic heritage.
Foundations Structure & Philanthropic Investments
Two private, nonprofit foundations comprise the Osteopathic Heritage Foundations. They share a common mission, vision and staff, while maintaining separate governing boards and funding concentrations. While serving statewide and national interests, particularly related to osteopathic medical education and research, the Foundations’ philanthropic activities are concentrated in central and southeastern Ohio.
The Foundations will be the pre-eminent foundations promoting the osteopathic philosophy and making our communities the healthiest in America.
- Respect and dignity for all people
- Thoughtful consideration and careful deliberation, speaking with one voice
- Integrity, ethical business practices and consistency
- A passion for excellence and pride in accomplishments
- Encouragement of innovation and leadership
- Stewardship and frugality of financial resources