The Osteopathic Heritage Foundation (OHF) and Osteopathic Heritage Foundation of Nelsonville (OHFN) are 501(c)(3) private, independent foundations. The Foundations are governed by separate, independent boards of directors but share a common mission in serving the community, consistent with our osteopathic heritage. Staff is employed and compensated by OHF, but provide general administration, grants management and financial and investment services for both Foundations.
As the nation’s largest foundation committed to osteopathic medical care, our approach to grantmaking aligns with the tenets of osteopathic medicine, including the comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment, while focusing on wellness and disease prevention. The Foundations’ funding priorities include behavioral health and substance use disorders, healthy food access and funding partnerships in central and southeastern Ohio, as well as osteopathic medical education and research across Ohio and nationally.
The Foundations recognize the significant responsibilities associated with the advancement and science of osteopathic medicine and measurable improvements in the health of our communities. To this end, the Foundations have approved a combined total of over $258 million in funding awards over the last two decades. Whenever possible, the Foundations seek opportunities to leverage funding through collaboration with others who share a common vision to improve health and quality of life.
The Grants & Outcomes Manager is responsible for grants administration on behalf of the Foundations. This position also manages the Foundations’ outcomes framework and associated tasks, including reporting on the impact of funding awards made by the Foundations; data interpretation to help inform strategic grantmaking priorities; and assisting in developing and implementing communications designed to share the work of the Foundations and the organizations it supports. The Grants & Outcomes Manager reports to the Director of Programs.
- Manages the overall grantmaking process for the Foundations, from proposal submission by applicants to managing funding award reporting and payment schedules.
- Manages the Foundations’ grants database system including data entry, maintaining data integrity and data enhancement.
- Recommends improvements to the grants management process to maximize partnerships with funded organizations and enhance the Foundations’ ability to track outcomes data.
- Reviews all funding reports for completeness and content and, as part of the program team, provides updates on key data points.
- Maintains high-level understanding of and certification in the Foundations’ grantmaking database, Blackbaud Grantmaking.
- Participates in ongoing grants management professional development.
- Serves as the contact for grant seekers and funded agencies, providing technical assistance and information related to the Foundations’ grantmaking, application and reporting processes.
- Assists with program-related events, meetings, technical assistance visits and trainings, including communications with attendees and logistical arrangements.
Data, Reporting & Communications
- Assists the program team in identifying data collection and reporting methods to support grantmaking strategy and impact reporting, as well as internal and external communications.
- Supports the program team with research on issues related to the Foundations’ funding priorities, as needed.
- Manages data, reporting and communications project timelines.
- Contributes to the development and/or review of content for the website, electronic communications, impact reports, social media and media releases.
- Develops and implements a website audit to ensure information is up to date and relevant, identifying areas for improvement in reporting on the Foundations’ work and impact.
- Ensures consistent branding of the Foundations, providing support for staff and partners in adhering to communications guidelines.
- Supports the Director of Programs in implementing naming and recognition opportunities regarding Foundation funding.
Qualifications and Skill Set
- Experience with database management and data interpretation. Experience with the Foundations’ grantmaking database, Blackbaud Grantmaking, preferred but not required.
- Grants management and evaluation experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion, critical thinking and judgement in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with website management and social media helpful.
- Embraces and contributes to a collaborative culture and teamwork through mutual respect for coworkers, developing positive relationships and assisting coworkers as needed.
- Cultural competency and an ability to work well with people from diverse racial, ethnic, professional and social backgrounds.
- Willingness to pursue training and opportunities to build knowledge and skills.
This is a full-time position. The hours of work are established by the Director of Programs. Occasional evening and weekend meetings required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com. The Foundations offer highly competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls, please.