Maryhaven, Inc., recently completed an expansion project adding 9,000 square feet to its main addiction treatment and recovery facility in Columbus, with a $500,000 lead gift from the Osteopathic Heritage Foundation’s Signature Impact Initiative.
For 63 years, Maryhaven, central Ohio’s oldest and most comprehensive addiction treatment center, has cared for thousands of individuals, with nearly 10,000 receiving help this past year–well over the center’s maximum capacity–according to Maryhaven’s CEO, Paul Coleman.
The recent expansion will help Maryhaven meet the increased demand for its treatment services, providing an additional eight beds in the center’s detox unit, four additional beds in the adult inpatient unit, several new offices in the outpatient/opiate treatment unit, and a new conference room and patient dayroom.
Maryhaven was established in 1953 by Sisters of the Good Shepherd as a halfway house for women struggling with alcoholism. By 1991, Maryhaven had grown to five programs, and today, 26 different programs in six central and north-central Ohio locations serve men, women and adolescents with substance abuse and addiction problems.