The Osteopathic Heritage Foundation of Nelsonville (OHFN) continued its partnership with the Rocky Community Improvement Fund (RCIF) leveraging resources to support programs serving vulnerable populations in Nelsonville and surrounding communities.
Since 2013, OHFN has partnered with RCIF to match charitable contributions made by Rocky Brands employees. More than $400,000 in total funding has been awarded through the partnership to date, supporting organizations in the Nelsonville area focused on food security, education, human services and community improvement projects.
The following organizations received funding through the partnership’s spring 2018 grant cycle:
- Athens Area Mediation Service*: $2,794 to implement conflict resolution programming for youth.
- Athens City-County Health Department*: $2,500 to support resurfacing of the basketball courts at Polley Field.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio*: $3,000 to support camp experiences for youth in low-income households in Athens and Hocking counties.
- Blessings in a Backpack: $5,000 to provide students experiencing food insecurity in the Meigs Local School District with food for the weekends.
- Children’s Hunger Alliance*: $5,750 to provide healthy food to children through in-home family child care providers, serving multiple counties in the region.
- Hopewell Health Centers, Inc.: $2,500 to establish a client loan fund assisting individuals who need minor vehicle repairs to maintain employment.
- Nelsonville Fire Department*: $2,300 to acquire medical equipment for the Community First Responder Program.
- Nelsonville-York City Schools*: $2,500 to support the Library Learning Commons and Makerspace with a 3D printer.
- Perry County District Library*: $4,200 to support an adult literacy program.
- Sojourners Care Network: $4,700 to support the Athens Homeless Youth Outreach Center.
- Women for Recovery*: $2,500 to support the Chrysalis Garden at Serenity Grove.
- York Township Fire Department*: $5,000 to distribute baskets of food to area residents during the holiday season.
*Indicates projects supported by OHFN.