The Osteopathic Heritage Foundation and Osteopathic Heritage Foundation of Nelsonville (the Foundations) are 501(c)(3) private, independent foundations. The Foundations are governed by separate, independent boards of directors, but share a common mission in serving the community, consistent with our osteopathic heritage.
As the nation’s largest Foundations committed to osteopathic medical care, our approach to grantmaking aligns with the tenets of osteopathic medicine, including the comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment, while focusing on wellness and disease prevention. The Foundations recognize the significant responsibilities associated with the advancement and science of osteopathic medicine and measurable improvements in the health and systems of our communities.
Over the last two decades, the Foundations have approved a combined total of over $250 million in funding awards. Whenever possible, the Foundations seek opportunities to leverage funding through collaboration with others who share a common vision to improve health and quality of life.
The Executive Coordinator provides advanced, proactive administrative support to the President/CEO and Vice President. Reporting to the President/CEO, the Executive Coordinator also provides support to the Foundation Boards and Committees, and serves as a liaison between the executive office and external partners, including nonprofit and business leaders, osteopathic medical professionals and local government, among others. The Executive Coordinator also assists with office administration and coordination with the Foundation’s retained accounting, investment and information technology firms. Working collaboratively with Foundation staff, the Executive Coordinator will support implementation of certain organizational initiatives.
- Manages calendars and schedules for the President/CEO and Vice President, elevating work priorities and commitments; proactively identifying and apprising leadership of relevant community events; and managing RSVPs for certain Foundation-sponsored events and meetings.
- Manages effective and efficient meetings with internal and external partners, including coordination of venues, logistics (parking, catering, IT), developing and distributing related materials (agendas, notetaking, slides), providing site support and ensuring follow-up actions are completed.
- Coordinates logistics for leadership travel and prepares expense reports.
- Facilitates executive communications, including responding to calls, drafting correspondence, developing (in coordination with other staff) talking points and speeches and responding to media/public relations requests.
- Facilitates effective internal communications and participates in staff meetings and retreats.
- Supports communication and workflow process for certain investment and accounting functions, including accounts payables, ensuring deliverables are timely, accurate and complete.
- Maintains proficiency in the Foundation’s grantmaking database, Blackbaud Grantmaking.
- Provides support for Boards of Directors and Committee meetings, including preparing and distributing meeting materials, drafting meeting minutes, distributing approved minutes and maintaining general Board-related correspondence.
- Maintains Board directory and relevant information.
- Coordinates arrangements for Boards and Committee meetings and other related Board events, including meeting space, food and beverages, travel, hotel and car rental, as needed.
- Supports the President/CEO in maintaining the Corporate Directory and Board Policy Manuals, updating as needed.
- Assists with coordination and delivery of new Board of Director orientation.
- Implements and maintains a centralized contract management system for all Foundation vendors, ensuring adherence to contract terms and conditions.
- Oversees general office maintenance ensuring Foundation staff have resources and space to conduct business in a productive, supportive environment.
- Serves as the office manager responsible for incoming mail, ordering office and kitchen supplies, requesting services and repairs from property manager, managing relationships with other vendors and the sub-tenant, and managing conference room meeting scheduling.
- Manages the Foundation’s IT consultant relationship to facilitate and enhance staff productivity and deploys contemporary systems and processes to advance the Foundation’s objectives.
Qualifications and Skill Set
- Five to seven years of experience as an executive assistant or senior administrative role in an environment with multiple objectives and activities, preferably in a nonprofit and/or philanthropic setting.
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion, critical thinking and judgement in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient and accurate processes to manage executive administrative work.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously.
- Cultural competency and an ability to work well with people from diverse racial, ethnic, professional and social backgrounds.
- Embraces and contributes to a collaborative culture and teamwork through mutual respect for coworkers, developing positive relationships and assisting coworkers as needed.
- Appreciation of the Foundation’s mission.
- Willingness to pursue training and opportunities to build knowledge and skills.
This is a full-time position. The hours of work are established by the President/CEO. Remote computer connectivity is supported by the Foundations to allow reasonable flexibility when out-of-office work is approved by the President/CEO or Vice President. Occasional evenings and weekend meetings required.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Foundations offer highly competitive salary and benefits. Visit our website for the full position description and additional information about the Foundations at www.osteopathicheritage.org. No phone calls, please.