James O. Watson, DO
James O. Watson, DO, a distinguished surgeon, medical educator, and advocate for osteopathic medicine and research, was central to the growth of osteopathic medicine in Ohio. A graduate of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1926, Dr. Watson served as chair of the Department of General Surgery at Doctors Hospital until his retirement in 1964.
Harold E. Clybourne, DO
Harold E. Clybourne, DO was an orthopedic surgeon, an educator and a 1923 graduate of Des Moines College of Osteopathic Medicine. In the early 1940s, he established the Doctors Hospital orthopedic residency training program, one of only four in the nation at the time. Dr. Clybourne remained engaged with Doctors Hospital until his death in 1969.
Ralph S. Licklider, DO
Ralph S. Licklider, DO specialized in Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology and served as chair of the Department at Doctors Hospital from 1940 until 1973. A graduate of the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Licklider worked tirelessly to raise the status of osteopathic medicine, and to ensure equity and practice rights for osteopathic physicians.